Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: So, How Do You Feel About Mixing and Matching...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SimplySophia's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I mix the historical with the AGoT and I mix the different outfits (but I put all the outfits back together) but I like mixing them, I don't have many historical out fits.
    Here is a historical in mixed outfits:

    Emily as Hannah Montana:
    Emilyhalloween4good


    That's just me though HTH.

  2. #2
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    I love the historical AG time line, but with some of the creative minds here I've also been influenced to mix the dolls and outfits for a variety of scenarios.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our historicals all like to become modern girls from time to time. They however do not like to share historical clothes with girls from different time periods. Occasionally Kit will wear something of Molly's or vice versa but the only girl Felicity will share with is Elizabeth. As far as PM vs. Mattel I don't think you should limit yourself. We have a variety of new and ebay dolls. All are special and each has her own special characteristics.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Joyfulone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2006
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I personally don't have many dolls yet but what I see in my preference is that first of all I like a combination of modern and historical dolls. I mix and match outfits on the same doll (ie a shirt from one today outfit combined with the pants of another) but I don't usually dress dolls in other dolls' clothing (ie a dress made for Jess won't usually go on Sam.) Make sense? As far as PM/Mattel goes, well all my girls are mattel right now but I am in search of a PM Felicity and/or Kirsten (WB), and would like a Mattel Kit, so you can see I don't mind having a mix of those one bit! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    HTH

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jemima_Potts's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All of my girls - Felicity, Addy and AGT 12 who hasn?t revealed her name yet - are ebay girls which came to me as nude fixer uppers, and while I?ve done some research to know more about them, the books are not available over here.

    So I really have no connection to Felicity?s and Addy?s "official" characters and don?t feel as bound to them as someone who first read all the Meet books and then picked out the character which appeals to them the most might.

    While I do like the historical costumes and might pick up some over time, my girls are definitely modern girls.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jemima, you can buy most of the AG books - and definitely all of the historical girls basic six books - through amazon.de - that's where I buy most of the AG books.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member EmilyMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My thoughts aren't important; YOUR thoughts are. Collect whatever you want & mix them however you want. Let your imagination be your guide.

    We like all the dolls & think they look wonderful no matter what they're wearing. My DD & DGD aren't particular but I guess they mostly kept AGT & historical stuff separate.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member thimbleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2006
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My historical dolls don't trade their clothing. Each is in their own time. I do sometimes add an accessory from an earlier time period that I especially like to a doll's collection. Say, the stereo viewer from Samantha's collection to Kit's. After all, it's normal to have at least a few things around from grandparents or great grandparents. Especially in the past, no one would have had all new things.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jemima_Potts's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Brigitte, thanks for the heads-up. That?s good to know!!! I do want to read those books... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi all --

    As I've been thinking lately about expanding my collection, I've been wondering exactly how I should collect (mixed feelings -- no pun intended)!

    Do I want all AGoT/JLY dolls? If I get an historical doll, should she stay an historical doll or should I change her background/collection? Should I have a mix of PM dolls and current ones? If I bought any PM dolls, should I make sure they're all from the same year (so there's little to no variance)? Should I mix collections (some vintage items for my Today girls, e.g.: Kit's typewriter)? Should I get all AG brand clothes, or should I look on eBay, too (any recommendations of talented seamstresses/good sellers on eBay?)?

    From what I've read, it seems like some of you have come up with the most creative stories about your dolls' lives, and others shudder at the thought of mixing collections, etc.

    I want to hear how creative (or classic!) you all are and what your "style" is when adding to your collection! Does anyone else have anxiety about this or am I the only one? Haha!

    Thanks,
    Erin

    PS: This story is completely random and unimportant. After I bought #23 in May, I threw out the box. Soon after, I regretted doing that. When I was at AGPNY earlier this month, I asked them for another box, just any spare one they had lying around. I didn't really look at it; I just put it in my closet and was happy to have it. Just yesterday I was looking at the box and noticed it had a GT23H sticker on it! Coincidence! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Lame, I know, but I was excited and had to share.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 01, 2006 12:54 AM: Message edited by: sparklyyy ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •